Be part of a Digital Transformation in Transportation! LinqThingz Predictive Mobility is creating an advance transportation network. Our feature solution is TrainLinqTM. TrainLinq provides advance warning about blocked crossings to reduce emission, save time, save money and save lives!
A cloud software engineer is responsible for developing, deploying, and maintaining software applications that run on cloud-based infrastructure. They work closely with IT teams to ensure that software applications are optimized for cloud-based infrastructure and meet the organization’s requirements.
- Design and Develop Cloud Applications: Cloud software engineers design and develop software applications that run on cloud-based infrastructure. They ensure that the applications are optimized for the cloud and that they meet the organization’s requirements.
- Maintain and Optimize Cloud Applications: Cloud software engineers are responsible for maintaining and optimizing cloud applications. They monitor performance, diagnose and troubleshoot issues, and make necessary changes to optimize system performance.
- Implement Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Processes: Cloud software engineers are responsible for implementing and maintaining CI/CD processes for cloud-based applications. They ensure that changes are tested, approved, and deployed in an automated and secure manner.
- Ensure Security and Compliance: Cloud software engineers ensure that cloud-based applications meet security and compliance requirements. They work with IT security and compliance teams to implement security and compliance controls and ensure that they are being followed.
- Collaborate with IT Teams: Cloud software engineers work closely with other IT teams, including developers, operations, and security teams. They collaborate with these teams to ensure that cloud-based applications meet the organization’s requirements and can support its goals.
- Education: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field is required.
- Technical Skills: Cloud software engineers must be proficient in various cloud technologies, including virtualization, containerization, and orchestration technologies. They must also have a strong background in programming languages such as Python or Java.
- Analytical Skills: Cloud software engineers must have strong analytical skills to identify patterns and insights from cloud-based infrastructure and system performance data.
- Collaboration Skills: Cloud software engineers must have excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with other members of the IT department.